• New Brunswick Accident

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by CNJ Fan 4evr

philipmartin wrote:
CNJ Fan 4evr wrote: Apparently the NS engineer called it in.
We have had more than our share of train/human incidents here in P'burg.
I think any engineer will call it in these days. Anyone with a scanner can verify that.
I'll tell you a story about the Pennsy in Pburg (NJ) during the depression. The kids would holler obscenities at the engine crews, and the firemen would throw pieces of coal at them. The kids would take the coal home to heat their homes and cook with. That was a practice in a lot of places.
Must have had to cuss up a blue streak to get enough coal for a stove. :-D
A buddy of mine shot pictures of this idiot trying to get his ATV over the tracks and getting hung up. He called cops and showed them the images on his camera. Don't remember if they caught the dumbass or not.
  by Silverliner II

NJT4272 wrote:Please.......... New Brunswick needs to be smote like Sodom and Gomorrah. You'll not find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy in the universe..... well except for maybe Camden or Detroit....
Or Mos Eisley?

It's a sad thing for everybody involved, especially now that it is known that it wasn't an accident. A person has to be in some great anguish, mental or otherwise, to want to take their own life. And they are drowning in their pain too deeply to realize it would affect others. One of my co-workers was on a westbound train that went by the scene when they reopened Tracks 3 and 4 at restricted speed and he told me that the reaction from those on board was... well, you can guess.
  by philipmartin

You think NJ Transit has a problem with people on the tracks? Check India. Supposedly ten people a day get killed on the tracks in Mumbai (Bombay) alone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB3bxOKFsJc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;