• Is there a way to reduce the size of forum listings?

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

by Pete

Is there a way to reduce the size of the page listing the forums? Perhaps by a tree menu with the categories on one page, then the forums within those on subsequent pages? It's a little unwieldy at the moment.
  by Mike Roque

I believe this will be available in the next version of phpBB...

by SubwaySurface

Actually, the software can be modified to make use of "Subcategories" that allow a user to click on one category and be taken to a list of relevant forums, just like the software Railroad.net used to utilize.

by Mike Roque

The problem with mods is that every one that I add is another that I have to re-apply when ever I have to update the software.

I'd prefer to wait until it is included in a stable release from phpBB.

by MikeF

As it is right now, if you click on a category heading (such as "General Information" or "Classified Ads"), it will "collapse" all the other categories and show only their headings. You can return to the default view with all the forums shown by clicking the "RAILROAD.NET Forum Index" link at the very top of the list.