• Quick question on the "Orange Train"...

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by BigDell

Saw the Tropicana Orange Train (caps intentional) yesterday around 6:50AM as I drove over the CNJ mainline via the GSP. It was waiting on the LV for a NJT train to climb Aldene and get in front of it.
I've yet to catch this train when out with the camera. Question - is there any regularity to it's schedule? Is it daily/weekly/something else and is there any "general time of day" when it goes? I'm tempted to scout out the LV line on Wednesdays at 6AM once the warmer weather comes, but I'd be curious as to whether anyone knows the general operating times of this train...
BigDell
  by waldwickrailfan

BigDell wrote:Saw the Tropicana Orange Train (caps intentional) yesterday around 6:50AM as I drove over the CNJ mainline via the GSP. It was waiting on the LV for a NJT train to climb Aldene and get in front of it.
I've yet to catch this train when out with the camera. Question - is there any regularity to it's schedule? Is it daily/weekly/something else and is there any "general time of day" when it goes? I'm tempted to scout out the LV line on Wednesdays at 6AM once the warmer weather comes, but I'd be curious as to whether anyone knows the general operating times of this train...
BigDell
The Tropicana train runs Monday-Friday up here in NJ. Usually Q140 (NB) runs around 6am. The SB version (Q141 M-W, F. Q121 Thurs) runs around 10pm
  by BigDell

The Tropicana train runs Monday-Friday up here in NJ. Usually Q140 (NB) runs around 6am. The SB version (Q141 M-W, F. Q121 Thurs) runs around 10pm
That is perfect, WaldwickRailFan, many thanks... Daily? Great. I can scout out the prime spots and get some shots this Spring in the morning before work.
Much appreciated!
  by waldwickrailfan

BigDell wrote:
That is perfect, WaldwickRailFan, many thanks... Daily? Great. I can scout out the prime spots and get some shots this Spring in the morning before work.
Much appreciated!
It runs Monday thru Friday each way. Once in a while it is late, but I've only seen that happen twice
  by kilroy

I've photographed the juice train on a Sunday morning more than twice over the past few years so it happens more often then you think. Still, it is not a regular occurance.