• Lewisburg,PA

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by NS59

I have an old photo of an RS1 or RS2 in blue paint working the Agway in Lewisburg back around 1990. Looks to be number 58 ??? with WSTE ??? stenciled on the side.

I would like to label this photo. Does anyone have info?

Thanks, Dave
  by lvrr325

WSTE = West Shore Railroad. Their only locomotive was an SW1 8525.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=3724225" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

An RS1 has kicked around PA for various roads and 58 could be a former Washington Terminal engine, but Google comes up blank on it being on the West Shore.

Lewisburg line was pulled up, but the former Reading has been repaired for service.
  by glennk419

I believe there is an ex-Washington Terminal RS-1 # 59 down in Salem, NJ that is in blue paint. Could this be the same unit?

According to a Google search, Washington Terminal 58 was sold to Steiner Liff Co, which appears to be in Nashvile, in 1972.
  by chuchubob

glennk419 wrote:I believe there is an ex-Washington Terminal RS-1 # 59 down in Salem, NJ that is in blue paint. Could this be the same unit?

According to a Google search, Washington Terminal 58 was sold to Steiner Liff Co, which appears to be in Nashvile, in 1972.
Yes, #59 is in Salem.
  by NS59

Thanks, That was just the info I was looking for.