• Status of the Atlas Signal System

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by jmp883

It's been a while since I've posted here, also a while since I've been active in model railroading. Things are starting to change and I'll be able to start working on my N-scale layout again.

One of the things I had wanted to add was the Atlas signal system. It came out right about the time that I was building my layout and after reading all about it I couldn't wait to add it to my layout. Life intervened and I never bought the system. Now I'm ready again but after checking the Atlas website it doesn't seem to be available though the links to all the wiring diagrams are still live. I also checked Walthers website and just about everything for the system is sold out, listed as backordered, with no projected restock date being shown. There are just a few circuit boards and cables available on eBay. I searched all over the Atlas website but wasn't able to find an e-mail address where I could send a request directly to the company.

So is the system still available in both N and HO scales (I have a friend in HO who is interested in it also)?

If not I guess I'll go with Circuitron or NJ International.
  by ApproachMedium

It looks like that system might have been subject to the loss of the atlas chinese manufacturer a few years ago. It will probably come back in to the mix as they get things back online again with the new factory. One thing at a time. The major thing they had to get back was flextrack. There was no flex track for quite some time.