• Modeling EMD's Early Road Switchers In N Scale??

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Death Star

I plan on modeling EMD's early road units the NW-3, TR-1/Calf and the NW-4 in N. Does anyone have any demonstrator unit photos of these early units? What parts would I need?? Most if not all these engines sat atop an FT frame right? It appears the NW-3 is going to be the hardest with the buldge right before the cab. I also plan on modeling the US Army version of the Alco RS-1 (The first production RS units made by Alco) and the early production (1949-1951) EMD GP7. How would I go about modeling these??? I plan on adding a "wartime" era to a freelanced layout I am working on.