• how to install sfx064d ?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Montrealrail1

I just have in a sound decoder Digitrax sfx064d,but it's only the sound device,that I need to add with a DH163 decoder..
by looking in the instruction manual,it look to like adding the sound decoder with existing devices of my locomotive,but i'm not sure and I take a chance here,if anybody had experienced the sfx064d installation..

do I have to reconnnect the 9 pin harness to the same way that my DH163 harness,like matching wire with the same colours together,it's to put in a steam locomotive..
What about the white wire in the speaker side?
here's the part that I do not understand
For steam units with a synchronisation cam capability,connect the white cam lead of the 10 pin sound harness to the cam output connection

do this white wire are absolutly necessary to ba able to ear the sound?

thank you..