• Good MRR Magazines

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Death Star

Does anyone know of any good model railroad magazines? As much a s I enjoy reading Model Railroader/Railroad Model Craftsman, I would like something new to read. I would like a magazine that would be more focused on kitbashing locomotives. Similar to what the diesel detailer board has done. SO does anyone have any suggestions?
  by jwhite07

http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Online, and free. I am not affiliated with them; just a satisfied subscriber.
  by CNJ999

Providing that you are more of a hands-on modeler, then e-magazine Model Railroad Hobbyist is likely your best choice. It approaches the hobby in a far more serious manner than does entry-level/hobby dabbler Model Railroader.

CNJ999