• CSX Strength Test

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by sharik2073

I got a job offer with CSX for freight conductor, I will soon have to schedule the medical / physical. I am curious what is the strength test going to be like? I am a little worried about it. I know I can lift 80 lbs., but what do they make you do on the strength test? Any help would be appreciated :).
  by d0c69

Go to there site click on employment process
  by d0c69

Where was the offer from?
  by sharik2073

Greenwood, SC
  by trekker

The strength test is no big deal unless You are way out of shape.
Last edited by trekker on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by sharik2073

Last thing I did was set up my password on the new hire website, and do the first onboarding task, which was something about the background investigation. My onboarding tasks are sitting at completed and not moving. I have not been contacted or asked to set up my medical/physical, I assume I just sit and wait on the paperwork at this point? The due date on my onboarding tasks was September 2nd but I did it on Aug 30th. I assume this part takes some waiting? Or should I contact them for medical/physical on my own?
  by trekker

Call your HR contact and ask. They will tell you where you are at, and what you need to do. That way you don't have to sweat it all weekend.
  by sharik2073

Actually I did that today, found out they were waiting on me to schedule my medical and strength test. Got it set up for next Tuesday. I am slightly overweight but I do have strong legs and pretty good arms. I am a little nervous but I am told the strength test is not about actual strength. I hope I will be fine, got my fingers crossed. If it goes well, how long after the medical and strength test before I get a start date for REDI?
  by train2

I have completed this, it is a 3 step test. One is about 3 mins of step aerobics. All you have to do is keep moving to a beat (metronome), 2 is a hand pedal. Kind of think of this as a bike pedal you turn with your arms and hand. The 3 part is an up and down movement for each arm and leg. It is like a gym weight chair with a bar that has drag on it in both directions. You have to go up and down for like 30 seconds as many as you can.