• Priceless Chessie Steamer threatened

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by Tadman

Hey guys, I'm Tad, the mod from the Amtrak forum. I have something important to me: the SS Badger, former C&O/Chessie steam ferry, has its live steam status threatened. I've got a detailed post about the letter you can write to help save it in the Midwest Railfan forum here: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 5&t=144805

Thanks for your help. No need for donations, it's more of a permitting issue.

Mods, it would be huge if you can let this thread hang out for a while in the efforts to save a steamer. Thanks!
  by Noel Weaver

I have been on more than one steam powered vessel and they are all priceless whether they are large or small. This is something well worth supporting.
Noel Weaver
  by charlie6017

Tadman wrote:Mods, it would be huge if you can let this thread hang out for a while in the efforts to save a steamer. Thanks!
No need to worry.........I keep it pretty flexible over here. I hope this steamer can be saved. ;-)

Charlie
  by charlie6017

Tad, by the way--please keep us posted as to the progress of this vessel. I have a soft spot for
watercraft like this, ferries, tugs etc.

Thanks very much!
Charlie
  by Noel Weaver

Good news, I hope, according to the Trains Magazine newsline an agreement has been reach to allow this historic vessel to run again this year and I think in to the future as well. The issue was/is disposal of ashes and the authorities do not want them disposed of in Lake Michigan.
Noel Weaver