• Coastal Dist Farmingdale crane question

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by tj48

As far as I can remember it was used for the LIRR's short lived bogie operation. Only saw the bogies in operation 1 time, it was an MP-15ac with about 7 Clare Rose trailers moving slowly across the rte. 110 bridge.
  by rscott417

TOFC bogies
Unloading crane
There was another crane like this one in the Greenville yard in Jersey City NJ. The bogies and cranes were custom built for LIRR because of all the low clearance overpasses regular TOFC's could not be used.
  by Tadman

Steve, I saw this crane on your site yesterday and was immediately curious myself. My family used to own a crane manufacturing company so I immediately perked up. I collect the builder's plates off old cranes and I always look for them, even in pics. That said, I cannot figure out who made it just by looking at it (sometimes you can, especially if the shot clearly shows the gearbox or bottom block).
  by nyandw

I thought there was an older crane there in the 1990's; color yellow. However, upon reflection ( is it a fixed crane?) they probably painted it "bogie blue" to match. Anyone?

Found this: Re: NYAR Train Sighting Thread - 2004-2010
New postby tj48 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:13 pm
By the way, just noticed a couple of days ago the trailer lifter they used back in the bogie days has been removed...