• LIRR Engineer Threatens to Call Police On Me

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Head-end View

Well guys, I think the joke is on all of us. My guess is that LaQwanda is a train crew member, but in real life does know how to read and write English correctly, etc. And she's just putting on this big act to get everybody's goat here. And it looks like it worked. Chuckle! :wink: :wink:
  by Silverliner II

Head-end View wrote:Well guys, I think the joke is on all of us. My guess is that LaQwanda is a train crew member, but in real life does know how to read and write English correctly, etc. And she's just putting on this big act to get everybody's goat here. And it looks like it worked. Chuckle! :wink: :wink:

A sense of humor is sometimes all we railroaders have left after sitting on a locomotive, MU, or cab car for close to 12 hours....hehehee!!!

by njtmnrrbuff

On Sunday, i am actually considering taking a trip out to Greenport. I do remember reading about someone on this forum who was hassled at KO. Hopefully that will not happen to me, as the Greenport Line east of KO goes through some scenic areas.
  by BATTLE HOUND

As a retired TBTA sgt, I can definetly state that photography IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN on all bridges & tunnels operated by that agency. This edict has been in effect for many years, but it was not strictly enforced before 9/11/01. It is now. Signs prohibiting "filming" are, (and have been all along) posted at all facilities. Summonses can, & usually will be issued (criminal court "C' summonses) to filmers/videotapers who are seen "filming" on TBTA property (mainly bridges, tunnels and toll plazas, but also in other areas under control of the TBTA). On occasion, arrests result from these filming incidents (suspended motorists, DWI, warrants, etc.) I mention this because for many years TBTA, has been under the control of the MTA. TBTA is still the legal name of the agency (because it is beholden to bond holders, unlike LIRR, Metro North, etc.). It goes under the 'd/b/a" name "MTA BRIDGES & TUNNELS" now. I can't speak definitely for LIRR/Metro North, but it is my understanding that these agencies have no blanket prohibition against "filmers", (unless the situation has recently changed) but don't quote me. Also don't know about NYC subways, but I don't think so. "Cops" would go "nuts" with tourists. Hope this is helpful.[/u]

by Otto Vondrak

There is currently NO photo policy on MTA railroads and subways- except for the restrictions regarding tripods, and the restrictions on GCT platforms. Have other questions? CALL THE MTA DIRECTLY instead of relying on the hearsay of others.

-otto-