• NYA coach gone?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by krispy

I've heard a ex-LIRR/NYA coach was donated to the CMRR. Was this the old sauna used on the Bernie trips? Did it get much use otherwise? Any other tidbits? TIA...
  by Mr rt

There were two coaches & a caboose on Bernie's trips. This was one of them.
  by jayrmli

Two coaches? Where'd the other one come from?

NYA used it once or twice for an inspection train down the Bay Ridge. I was the conductor for one of the trips. Half of the group got on at Pond, and half got on down in Brooklyn. Much of the trip was to educate politicians about the garbage problem along the line, and how much has been cleaned up. We toured 65th Street and came back.

I could have worked Bernie's trips, but I rode those coaches enough with no AC before they were retired.
  by Teutobergerwald

A very good man lost to us: In Bernard Ente We Trust.
  by MNR's #1 Conductor

jayrmli wrote:Two coaches? Where'd the other one come from?

NYA used it once or twice for an inspection train down the Bay Ridge. I was the conductor for one of the trips. Half of the group got on at Pond, and half got on down in Brooklyn. Much of the trip was to educate politicians about the garbage problem along the line, and how much has been cleaned up. We toured 65th Street and came back.

I could have worked Bernie's trips, but I rode those coaches enough with no AC before they were retired.
C'mon Jay Jay, you're slippin'!!! (Not wheelslip either!!!) Tsk tsk tsk!!!

The coach was also used in 2000 along with an NYAR caboose as a fan trip for the New York Connecting Railroad Historical Society in June of that year. Consist west to east (geographic south to north) GP38-2 261, the coach, caboose, GP38-2 268.
  by jayrmli

The post above mine referred to two coaches plus a caboose. I still don't know where the second coach came from...
  by Espee9180

It's currently sitting in Selkirk Yard. And has been since leaving the NY&A.