• NYA unit trash train to Oak Point, 11/1

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by Backshophoss

Were the Gensets damaged,or too much tonnage over Hellgate bridge?
  by mikey cruz

I'm thinkin just a heavy flow of backed up cars and it'll stay that way while people rebuild I'm sure.
  by DogBert

I believe they evaced oak point and anything they could haul went up the hudson before the storm hit. I doubt any gensets were around, and I've only seen one once on hell gate, on a work train. They don't have dynamic brakes which are ideal for the job (though not required, as seen by the use of the NYA units)

OP is rather low lying, though with the new access road (elevated like 6-10 feet) to Jetro blocking the old float docks, they basically have a protective wall over there now.
  by NYCS

For some reason, I thought 4-axle freight power had a hard time making it up and over the Hell Gate Bridge - which is why I figured CSX uses SD40-2s and SD60Ms. This was a really exciting move to see, NYA in Oak Point. The YouTube video I saw gave me goosebumps. Not every day you see something like that!
  by KEN PATRICK

is ny&a doing the daily oak point to fremont job?

last time i looked, csxt would not change the ny&a interchange to oak point even though it made economic ( cost) sense.

some of the moves would tax ny&a available power and the pricing was not attractive. ken patrick
  by mikey cruz

No KEN they just did the run after "Sandy" because CSX had no power in the area yet. Does anyone know if NYA crews were used with a CSX "pilot" or was it a CSX crew all the way? Kinda weird seein the yard soo empty and MYA doin the work.