• Info on abandoned line in middle of I-210 Pasedena-Azusa

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by carajul

I'm curious about the abandoned row directly in the middle of the I-210 highway. A light rail was built on it but the track abruptly ends. Then it's just ballast and ghost signals to Azusa where a bridge, now being demolished, took the tracks over the I-210 to Azusa. I followed the still in place east portion of the line and it's full of mow gondola cars. The line ends at the Miller brewery in Azusa. There doesn't seem to be any online customers past the brewery.

Any info would be appreciated.
  by CarterB

That's the Foothill Extension of the Metro Gold Line under construction. The line down to Millers/Coors is, IIRC a different line of the SP.
  by Pj

IIRC, thats was the Santa Fe 3rd? District. It was not a SP line. I want to say it was used into the early 90s when other routing made better sense for them and the development going on. I am sure others can fill you in on the SF/BNSF boards.