• Visit the RAILROAD.NET staff this weekend at the RIT Show

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Otto Vondrak

This weekend, the RIT Model Railroad Club will be hosting the Fifth Annual Fall Train Show and Sale at RIT on Sunday, March 20. The three partners of RAILROAD.NET, (Mike, Jessy, and myself) will be there as members of RITMRC to help out with the show. Please stop by and say hello, we'd love to meet all of you. RIT is only minutes from the New York State Thruway (I-90), Exit 46. Many motels and hotels are located near the school if you are coming out for the weekend, and there are many restaurants and shopping opportunities close by as well. Not to mention that Rochester is still a neat railroading city with a major carrier and several shortlines (railroads border the RIT campus on three sides: Rochester & Southern, CSX, and Livonia, Avon & Lakeville). Besides our own HO scale Rochester & Irondequoit Terminal and our new modular set up, our friends from some of the local area clubs will also be in attendance. For more information you can check out the web site: http://www.ritmrc.org.

See you there!

by ANDY117

If i get some back HW assignments done, i'll be there too.
  by Matt Langworthy

I look forward to meeting you guys tomorrow. Hopefully, the Shore will be active so i can catch a train or two bevfore I head in to work.

by Otto Vondrak

See you all tomorrow! It's going to be huge show!

-otto-
  by Noel Weaver

Matt Langworthy wrote:I look forward to meeting you guys tomorrow. Hopefully, the Shore will be active so i can catch a train or two bevfore I head in to work.
After four, DOWN THE SHORE.
We had a middle trick dispatcher in Buffalo a few years ago who was
famous for that. Good dispatcher too.
Noel Weaver
  by Matt Langworthy

Kudos to the RIT model RR club for the nice show today. I spent a fortune for some great books. Hey, I'll need something to read when I take my annual Amtrak trip in 2 months or so! Otto, it's always nice to connect a real face to these forums- it makes the posts much more personal. The Genesee Route is nice layout. It really felt like CSX/CR 'cause you gotta wait (sometimes) for the big trains to show up. The Syra local was prototypical, too. I've seen those lumber cars and boxcars dropped off on the main near Lyons.

Noel, thanks for the heads up. Not your fault, but I'm actually scheduled in to work at 4 so I guess I'll have to wait for another Sunday. Snow wrecked my attempt to 'fan the Shore earlier, too. The visibility is crummy (pun intended) so I decided to surf the Web instead.

by ANDY117

I got a old school Athearn Dash 9 in the CN NA scheme, i'm actually going to detail it, and custom number it, consider it my quantum leap into model making. And Otto, i'm not ANDY12345, my mom still hasn't figured that out.

by Otto Vondrak

Great to see you all there, we met many of you (sorry we didnt have more time to chat), and we hope to see you all again at our show in October. Attendance at our Spring Show was the highest ever. Thanks everyone!

-otto-