• B&M transfer caboose for sale in Searsport, Maine

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by Mikejf

I passed a caboose today that was on a trailer and for sale along Routes 1&3 in Searsport. For anyone familiar with the area, this is where the two BAR boxcars sat for a few years. Anyone have any information on it? It appears to be in primer with the windows removed. If I pass it again, I will stop.

Mike
  by bm1838

Thats funny, my dad sent me a picture message with a photo of the same caboose he saw yesterday... Its a B&M transfer buggy... I forget what they are looking to get for it, the inside is stripped and its all in primer...

Cory F
  by RGlueck

The caboose is gutted, with a repaired floor. It is down to the steel on all sides. It's an ex-B&M transfer caboose (I thought it was ex-LIRR), partially repaired after a fire. The caboose itself is relatively intact, but no interior remains at all. It is completely primed on all sides. There are no trucks. Owner is the fellow who owns the ice cream shop in the old Searsport station but I think his price is a bit out of kilter for what he has. He's asking $8K for the shell .