• transferring in texas

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by losthorse

Hey guys,

I am possibly going to hire out for the UP in Corpus Christ, TX. All of my family is around the Dallas area and I was curious to know how difficult is it to transfer from a location in southern Texas to northern Texas? I have read a few things about how it is hard to transfer different states, but how hard is it to transfer within a state like Texas? Also, does anybody know how Corpus Christi is to live and work in? I am a country boy who prefers to be out in the sticks so ideally I would like to transfer somewhere small in northern Texas in the long run. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for your time!
  by choochooman

If its in same seniority district as long as your seniority allows you to hold some job in that district you just put in for it and its yours.
  by losthorse

How big are the senority districts? Does anybody know if corpus christi and the area around fort worth are in the same districts? Essentially Im trying to get as close as possible to wichita falls in the long run. Thanks for your help!
  by losthorse

what are the districts in texas? If im in corpus christi what other stations are in my district? How far north can I go?