• Squa Pan

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

by BAR

Is there now or was there ever a "Y" at Squa Pan where trains could be turned? I can't remeber if there is/was an actual "Y" or just the two diverging lines to Caribou and Fort Kent. Thanks.

BAR
  by AVR Mark

According to Historical Topo Maps (historical.mytopo.com) from 1953 and 1934 there was a Wye at Squa Pan Jct. (Ashland, ME Quadrangle, Southeast). The 1953 version shows more tracks south of Route 11 than the 1934 version does. These maps are a great resource for research of any kind. Also a quick check using Google Earth shows the Wye quite clearly. It appears to be currently usable.

Mark
  by BAR

Thanks Mark. I have been to Squa Pan but couldn't remember the track configuration.
  by mwhite

The wye is in use. It is the only place north of Oakfield where equipment can be turned since the wye in Fort Kent was removed a few years back.