• Quebec Operations

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by CN9634

Hello All,

I was just posting to see if anyone knew how the Quebec Operations worked? By this I mean, how do they dispatch? How many crews do they use? Do they use French? ect ect. I already know a bit about the St. Lawrence sub and the trains but was interested in the operations themselves.

Thanks!
  by Noel Weaver

The last I knew there were no crews based in Canada for this operation. The locals that serve this territory operate out of Masena. I think the through freight train is today operated by CN crews between Massena and Montreal. If I am wrong, please don't shoot the messanger.
Noel Weaver
  by roadster

CSX has crews based at in canada at the new container terminal near Montreal, and run the q152 and 153 between Massena and Montreal. The freight Q620/621 is exchanged near the border with CN crews and CSX Massena local B788. CSX Massena pool crews handle both trains between Massena and Dewitt.