• Commuter Railroads Of New England and New York

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by Metro-Man101

This is about Metro-North, MBTA, PATH, "T", MTA, New York City Subway Systems and Regional Amtrak Services such as New Haven-Springfield and Maine's Downeaster program.
  by DutchRailnut

How about adressing those at their forums as there is a MNCR/CDOT forum - a MBTA forum - a subway forum etc etc
  by Metro-Man101

DutchRailnut wrote:How about adressing those at their forums as there is a MNCR/CDOT forum - a MBTA forum - a subway forum etc etc
ok thanks
  by Otto Vondrak

Metro-Man101 wrote:This is about Metro-North, MBTA, PATH, "T", MTA, New York City Subway Systems and Regional Amtrak Services such as New Haven-Springfield and Maine's Downeaster program.
Welcome to RAILROAD.NET!

I was young like you once. Full of enthusiasm, wanting to talk about stuff I was interested in... But you need to put on the brakes and take a look around and read some of the forums before you start posting all over the place with threads like this.

First of all, all of the things you mention in your post already have dedicated forums for discussing those topics. I suggest you seek them out (for our purposes, "T" and MBTA are the same thing. Because they *are* the same thing).

Second, this is a discussion forum. People come here to ask questions, make observations, and get made fun of by me (whether they LIKE IT or NOT). You participate in the forum. You don't carve out your own area and say, "This is now the place to talk about XYZ." That's the job of a moderator or a site admin. Plus, your super-topic of lumping in all discussion of Boston and New York transit and commuter systems as well as Amtrak and PATH makes my head hurt. Don't do that.

Also, how are you at scraping paint? I know a railroad museum in western Connecticut who could use your help...

-otto-
The Unofficial RAILROAD.NET Greeter
  by MEC407

Metro-Man, welcome to the site. As others have mentioned, we already have forums and topics for the subjects you mentioned. Most of them should be easy to find, but if you get stuck, feel free to send me a message and I'll be happy to help. Just click the PM button below my name.