• PRSL Heritage Unit

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by ConrailRailfan

Hi, I was wondering who on the forum thinks one of the NS heritage units should be PRSL?
  by TOMSTV

That would be cool, also make a C.N.J. one too.
  by chuchubob

TOMSTV wrote:That would be cool, also make a C.N.J. one too.
Good idea!
  by Mac Carter

Actually, there is a CNJ Heritage unit:

by Steam man

They would be awfully boring looking. Even the early on dark green Baldwin "Green Hornets" were rather bland but they did have a not often seen letter board. The GP-38s were very plain also with only a round herald at each end and on side behind the cab.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by BigDell

I'm LOVIN' that CNJ unit. Hope they run it up here. The Pennsy as well. The old, classic schemes on these new locos are stunning. Makes me wish modern railroads would adopt/adapt some of them.
  by kilroy

Steam man wrote:They would be awfully boring looking. Even the early on dark green Baldwin "Green Hornets" were rather bland but they did have a not often seen letter board. The GP-38s were very plain also with only a round herald at each end and on side behind the cab.
And the PC unit is a work of art??

Maybe they figure they have parents PRR & Reading, they don't the offspring. I know PRR + NYC = PC but the PRR and NYC ceased to exist when PC was formed. That was not the case with the PRSL