• Railfanning the Southern End of River Draw in South Amboy

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by njtmnrrbuff

Hello,
Tomorrow, during the p.m. rush hour, I'm thinking about taking a trip to South Amboy to railfan action crossing River Draw. How would I, safely and legally, walk from the nearest public street to the area where River Draw is? I would be arriving by train. thanks.
  by TAMR213

As far as I know the more legal (though not necessarily safer option) is to cut your trip short and stop at Perth Amboy. AFAIK there is not public access in South Amboy, but there is a park a bit to the east of the bridge in Perth Amboy. Sorry this is the best I could do.
  by RailsEast

The Perth Amboy spot (within walking distance of Perth Amboy station) is very accessible, and the safest bet, although the sun is best very early in the morning. I have seen photos taken from the south side of the draw, but it is a hike in, and I don't know how safe it is. Add to that the trespassing ticket written to a member of this forum a year or two back in South Amboy in this area, so I would be exponentially cautious about wandering into Essay tower territory.....
Just my .02 worth......
Chris