• Walther's Bethgon Kits

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by NS59

What size coupler would you suggest to replace the hornhooks with???

Dave

by Benjamin Maggi

I use Kadee #5's on my bethagon hoppers. I am not sure if that is what you mean. Kadee, as well as other manufacturers, make scale size couplers as well. I like $5's, and they are cheap and reliable.

by NS59

Thanks for your help, thats what I meant.

Dave

by ANDY117

Lower safety shelf couplers are required on all cars made after 1980. Tank cars MUST have upper and Lower safety shelf couplers.