• Central New York regular schedule?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by oibu

In Binghamton/Kirkwood there are Frito Lay and AP&P as mentioned (although I was under the impression that Frito Lay, at least, was going to remain served by NS?). East of Kirkwood:

Deposit- Norbord, Outbound MDF (some might call it "chip board") (not sure if CNY has gotten any business from them, they were on again/off again in recent years but I'm sure that if they are not an active cutomer CNY is doing their best to get them back)

Cochecton- Cochecton Mills, Inc, inbound grain and fertilizer

Narrowsburg- Narrowsburg Feed, inbound grain and fertilizer
-Narrowsburg Lumber, inbound lumber (again, off and on, doesn't seem like they've gotten anything for a few months now though)

Lackawaxen- Stourbridge RR interchange- the last couple years, 10 cars a year is probably closer to reality than 50! Also, I'm not sure if the damage from the hurricane has been repaired (or if it will be, for that matter). If not repaired, all SBRR shippers and their locomotive are isolated from any outside rail connection.

by scottychaos

There is a short article about the CNY in the new Trains magazine.
with a map.
(April 2005 issue)
they are going to single-track starrucca!
(I didnt know it was still double-tracked all this time!)

one thing the map didnt show, is how does NS now get into Binghamton from the east or south?
it only showed NS running west of Binghamton on the southern tier main.
Binghamton isnt now "the end of the line" of a NS branch is it??

thanks,
Scot

by bwparker1

I think NS has run through trackage rights all the way to Croxton NJ still east of Binghamton, but they obviously don't plan on using the line in that capacity, hence the lease of track to CNY and MN from Suffern to Port Jervis.

Brooks