• Pardon my mega-avatar

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by duey

Usually when I have an avatar, on other sites, it automatically scales it down to a certain size. Looks like that didn't happen here. :shock:
  by nick11a

duey wrote:Usually when I have an avatar, on other sites, it automatically scales it down to a certain size. Looks like that didn't happen here. :shock:
Yeah, I see that. Well, I'm gonna venture a guess and say there will be a limit established to the sizes of the avatars by the mods or admins. I had to shrink mine down quite a bit to get it to decent size. You'll probably have to find a smaller one or find someway to shrink the one you have down or maybe the powers that be will program this forum to shrink images down to a certain size automatically.

Speaking of mods, IC, I guess you'll be reinstated as the mod right?
  by Mike Roque

It seems that I can only restrict the filesize and dimensions of uploaded avatars, not linked ones.

Duey, could you remove and resize your avatar? Thanks...

by thebigc

By the way, just how do you upload an avatar? I have tons of my own pictures I can use.

by nick11a

Well BigC, you need to find someplace online to store your avatar. So you edit your photo to size, upload to a website and then in your profile, enter its html.

by arrow

bigc, if you send me the file that you want, I will put it on my website and you can link to it. Let me know.

by thebigc

OK Arrow, thanks. I've already edited it down to the size of a postage stamp on my screen but couldn't figure the rest out. Let me know...

by Lehigh Valley Railroad

Nick,

Is that the Perth Amboy bridge(your avatar)

?

Thanks.

by nick11a

Indeed it is. I grew up two blocks from that bridge. That is part of a photo I took during one of my reading days for an exam last semester. I took it around December 12, 2003. The real photo shows the whole bridge and the whole train. It is one of my favorite spots for watching trains.

by Lehigh Valley Railroad

I do go there alot as well. :D

Even catch some CSX in the mornings.

by james1787

Testing my avatar..