• Senority swap kansas city to houston

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

by travisham135

I'm looking for a senority swap from the Kansas City Service Unit to the Houston Service Unit. Going through a divorce and I'm trying to move closer to my family. I actually hired out in Houston in 2007 and transfered to kansas city. My senority date is Dec 19, 2007. Haven't been layed off since early 2010. Usually we can hold the road turns all year except winter when we can hold the yard extra board and some regular yard jobs. Right now I can hold the yard extra board, a couple regular yard jobs, and two directions on the road. Another plus is there is only two jobs that are locals in the entire Kansas city service unit that would require you to move and they are held by very high senority. So if you get bumped, you don't have to move like in the houston service unit. They have several classes starting early this year and the rumor is there hiring over 100 guys this year. I'm not a hoghead either. If anyone is interested, please email me at [email protected].

Thanks!

Also, if anyone knows of a program that Union Pacific has for hardship transfers would you let me know? Thanks again.