• B&M Boxcars on MBTA Lowell Line

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by drvmusic

Just had my first ride on the commuter rail in years last week on the Lowell Line and noticed on the way in, somewhere around Woburn/Winchester/Medford, two blue B&M boxcars (badly in need of paint) between a chain link fence and a warehouse. Anyone know the deal with those? It'd be nice to see them at least get painted or maybe a RR club restore them.
  by TomNelligan

I don't know the specifics of those two, but the B&M sold off at least a few boxcars for use by customers as storage units. For example, until they were cut up last year there were three B&M boxcars permanently attached to the former Waltham freight station and used by the business that formerly occupied it for storage. Frequently cars that haven't moved for years fall into that category.
  by B&M 1227

The cars are in Woburn. I believe one has a garage door on the north end. There's also a D&H car a little ways north of where the boxcars are, also on the east side of the tracks.