• NS to [possibly] honor the NH on a SD70ACe

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by shadyjay

From Railpace HotNews (http://www.railpace.com/hotnews):
NORFOLK SOUTHERN HERITAGE LOCOMOTIVES: Norfolk Southern will roster 18 heritage locomotives, split among two locomotive models. Initial plans are for the following heritage schemes:
SD70ACe: Savannah & Atlanta , Pittsburgh & West Virginia , Penn Central , Reading , Erie , Erie Lackawanna , Virginian , New Haven or 1960`s Norfolk Southern , New York Central , Wabash.
ES44AC : Conrail , N&W , Pennsy , Lehigh Valley , Nickle Plate Road , Southern Green : E8 style , Tennessee Alabama & Georgia , Central of Georgia.
( posted 2/17)

Considering NS doesn't even operate over any NH territory, I can see the NH losing out in favor of "1960s Norfolk Southern", but I do admire the fact that they are remembering their roots. But until CSX does something similar, I'd like to see the NS take on the New Haven's colors. I'd assume they'd go for something from the McGinnis era, something either like my avatar pic or similar to the U25B/C425 "last locomotive order".

Let the speculation begin. Any thoughts?
  by Allen Hazen

Well... From a design standpoint, the McGinnis scheme, with its "shards" of different colours, might actually work on an SD70ace: most 1940s/1950s colour schemes don't really go very well with the more angular shape of modern locomotives.
  by chrisnewhaven

NS does operate over a few miles of NH track through the remanents of Maybrook Yard, although I believe that was leased to the MNJ recently. If you want to see what it will most likely look like, Lionel Trains has already made a model of it :)
C.J.V.