• MRC Decoder issue

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by deandremouse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RodSiT3h5w
^Video basically sums up my issue, I programmed the decoder back to factory so many times now...

Its the ones they used in the previous MP15ACs, and its being a pain now.
  by green_elite_cab

You can't program 159 as a short address. the Short adress goes to only somewhere about 120 something. If you give it a short address of 159, and then activate it, the decoder will not work.

simply put 159 in as the long address, and activate that. Leave the short address as 3. It should work then.

Also, if you brought it to your club, and consisted it there, it may be stuck in a consist mode, but resetting it should have eliminated that.
  by deandremouse

green_elite_cab wrote:You can't program 159 as a short address. the Short adress goes to only somewhere about 120 something. If you give it a short address of 159, and then activate it, the decoder will not work.

simply put 159 in as the long address, and activate that. Leave the short address as 3. It should work then.

Also, if you brought it to your club, and consisted it there, it may be stuck in a consist mode, but resetting it should have eliminated that.
... I tried it at 003 still not responding outside of programming.
  by cnj1524

If this is a factory installed decoder,remove board and sent it to MRC in edison NJ,I had many problems with their sound decoders
and finally gave up,out of the 5 I sent back,they were all returned(tested or replaced)still to many issues to enjoy have since then
replaced (these were all athearn units)went to soundtraxx or loksound and no more problems
  by nuttin but flyer

Hello -- New to this forum. Looking for info on an MRC item. I found a box of American Flyer items purchased from a friend years ago. Included with the Flyer items was an MRC Controlmaster V (5) Controller. I am unfamiliar with what this object is and does. It apparently will controlthe train as a throttle coontrol is on the panel. Also there is a direction slide switch and reverse loop slide switch. On the left side of the front panel are two knobs marked "track Voltage Adjustment" and "Momentum Adjustment". Between those two knos is a slide switch labelled "Transmission -- Direct Drive or Flywheel Action". Can anyone explain this item and even better, provide a link to or copy of the instructions? I am 'old school' Flyer and use their transformers for all loco power. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.