Railroad Forums 

• Portsmouth Branch Activity

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1530792  by Jonathan603

Is it me or do the rail road white crossing signs at Patterson Lane look new? Just wondered if they had been replaced of late? If so maybe the track down there past Patterson will be used again?
 #1530978  by b&m 1566

The track on both sides of that crossing had been brushed cut a couple of years ago. I believe I read some time back there were plans to utilizes the long siding to the north of Patterson St, to run the engines around when Sea-3's expansion was complete. I haven't follow the Sea-3 project at all, is that expansion done, still under construction or still waiting for construction to start?
 #1531049  by codasd

I was wondering the same about SEA-3. An NERAIL picture of DO-1 shows it with at least seven tank cars. Anyone in the area have an update?
 #1531089  by Jonathan603

Yup. I believe that was my picture in the snow on Monday :-). There were 11 tank cars in total. I shot a video here of DO-1 at Emery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XaogSaiatA

There are a bunch more on the siding at Rockingham this morning which I believe came up yesterday from Newington yesterday as part of a 21 car train (per GuilfordRailSightings).
 #1531142  by MECFAN

Yes Sea-3 unloading racks are the ones on the right looking north and beyond that Sprauge racks on left, can be seen better from Paterson lane.
DO-1 just left Portsmouth for Rockingham at 18:30 with 306 and 345 with 11 empty propane and 2 Tyco hoppers.
 #1531342  by Jonathan603

306 was working Sea-3 and Tyco this afternoon then headed back up to Rockingham with 17 empties I believe. I was actually at Tyco today on unrelated business and saw some of the track there. Would have liked to see some movements!
 #1532401  by Jonathan603

Hehe funny how that happened. It’s the right way up if you click the thumbnail. FWIW the “for sale” sign has been taken down so I wonder if it sold already!
 #1533000  by gokeefe

Hopefully there's a tie job coming soon as well. Even from that height the splinters are easily visible.