Railroad Forums 

• Port of New London Rebar Shipments?

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

#1143243  by rb

I take the Acela through New London about once a month and have noticed an uptick in the amount of rebar imports coming into the state pier. Today a PW local was sitting on the NEC near the switch that leads into the port. The train included at least 7 gons. Are these things related -- is the P&W moving that rebar somewhere -- or is it just coincidence?
Last edited by MEC407 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moved to the Providence & Worcester forum
 #1172390  by FLRailFan1

rb wrote:I take the Acela through New London about once a month and have noticed an uptick in the amount of rebar imports coming into the state pier. Today a PW local was sitting on the NEC near the switch that leads into the port. The train included at least 7 gons. Are these things related -- is the P&W moving that rebar somewhere -- or is it just coincidence?
I'm not sure, but the Port of New London, the P&W and the New England Central could make that port into something. Back in the 90s, CV was thinking of having rail barges to LI.