Railroad Forums 

• Pope's Creek Branch

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#383963  by Aa3rt

Tony,

Much as I hate to rely on it, the Maryland Independent is the only newspaper serving Charles County (with all the news that fits, printed on Wednesdays and Fridays). Here's a link to the article based on the same study mentioned by both RailVet and Sand Box John:

http://www.somdnews.com/stories/040407/ ... 2136.shtml

I'm in total agreement with RailVet on this-either of the proposed routes through Charles County would require a new Potomac River crossing with an unimaginable price tag. I seriously doubt that either of these will ever come to fruition-the legal wrangling alone will take years, if not decades.

By that time, the developers, builders and real estate agents here in Charles County will probably have sold every square inch of land not designated a historic or environmental preservation area, resulting in even more legal opposition.

#384299  by gprimr1

Almost seems like they would require some double tracking as well.

Better to start commuter rail on it :)

They make a good point about 30 mile long trains shutting down traffic.