Railroad Forums 

• Pocket Sized World Locomotive Field Guide

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#942323  by Death Star

I have a pocket sized "field guide" book about diesel/electric/gas-turbine locomotives. It talks about various world locomotives from the British Railways "Deltic" to EMD's legendary SD40-2.
It has a picture of the locomotive on the right page of the book, while on he left hand side it lists
Country of Origin:
Railway:
Type:
Gauge:
Length overall:
Total weight:
Propulsion:
Maximum axle load:
Maximum speed:
History:

The beginning of the book has an introduction, wheel notation and glossary
It appears it was made around the 1992-94? if that helps. The cover of the book and a few pages fell off years ago and would like to know what the book is called and who the author was.

I can picture the cover in my head having a night scene at a station with a non US yellow locomotive (sorry, not good on foreign locomotives North America).

So any help would be appreciated.