Railroad Forums 

• PLAY IT LOUD! PSRM MRS-1 2104 starting up...

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#273020  by steamman5320

Hey Owen,
Do you have a copy of TM 55-2210-216-20 or know of where to get one? I'm trying to bring the Eastern Shore's (now Bay Coast) MRS-1 B-2090 back to life after 12yrs of sitting, and the manual would sure be helpful!

It's in really good shape and I think I can get her going again without much trouble. But then again....

She's even still got her boiler in her short hood!

#273754  by steamman5320

One more question,
Is there any of these left rolling out revenue miles on a railroad? Tourist lines and museums excluded?

If I get this one running we plan on using it to load the barge and maybe for some passenger trains.

#273893  by Owen S. Paulsen

I have a Disk the 10 and 20 plus the stuff from the GE field Engineer in Oakland,CA when he when to Alaska to fix 6 up on the R.R.
I will sent to you no charge. But I need a good address with zip.
[email protected] to reach me

Stan

#274242  by steamman5320

Great! thanks a bunch!

I'll email you a good address.

#275599  by N. Todd

Alco built these
[MRS-1]
Las week on the loconotes group they were debating wether these locomotives were built at Alco's facility or by GE, with Alco components supplied. Are there any photos to prove this?
 #277793  by Owen S. Paulsen

I have in my possess the 13 Page Renew-parts Catalog GE-3100
The Catalog in for you by GE to find the parts number.
The top sheet for the USA Transportation Corps did not mention the ALCo at ALL. In you want a copy <[email protected]>
The problem in 1953 ERA was GE could NOT build the 120 Ton size Loco because the had know unit but <http://alcoworld.railfan.net> at go to 1500-2000 RS E1670.

Smile

Stan
 #529344  by Owen S. Paulsen

I was and the Air Force Vandenberg in Feb,1991 and Mar 15,1991 1 locomotive from S.P. an no car but the Loco 2104 head south the L.A.
We (2) I and other spent time jack the 12 wheel a sanding the pit a the journal the require a 3 time per up/down with the jack. One then the front right truck had 3 wheel off the rail a the jacks was total remove a the won't come down.
The unit has start in a 4 year in a rail shed for steam was the show the CMO S.P. that she could travel a 25 MPG show start up a got 3 extra member from Pacific Southwest Railway Museum to run the Loco a base a Vandanberg the so the CMO S.P. is do. The L.A. B.N.S.F. took the to San Diego,CA

Stan

[email protected]