Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#6764  by nick11a

Looks like the shape of the diesel's shell matches the preliminary sketches. Thanks FL9AC!

#6776  by FL9AC

No problem. I'm glad I had my camerabag with me today. I just wish the weather was a little better, and the sky was a little brighter.

#6795  by ABCD

Yep, That shell just came in Friday, I am not sure of the shell # or what, but it looked as though it was already wired.

I will let you all know more particulars on it next week.

No pictures of all the Metro North cabs on the shipping lead??

#6844  by transit383

Now if we could only unwrap that PL42 shell and see what's underneath.....

Those side number boards on the MTA C5 cabs give something to look at. Those cars sure are bland.

#6881  by nick11a

Ah good. MTA cabs are on their way.
 #8784  by FL9AC

Hey all, I just wanted to update the NJT P42AC photos and some other Alstom equipment. This locomotive is going to be amazing once it's finished! three shells are currently at the facility...only two unwrapped, but that's enough work for a while. :wink:

#8788  by nick11a

Wow. Very interesting.

Just curious. How did you get these photos? Do you work for Alstom too?
 #8791  by FL9AC

forgot this picture in the last post, but these are the cabs to the PL42AC's after being removed.

photo taken from the PL42AC cab looking into the engine compartment. Now THAT'S a turbo :D

#8794  by FL9AC

No I don't work for Alstom, but I can't really say how I got the pictures.
Last edited by FL9AC on Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#8796  by FL9AC

#8811  by Jtgshu

Wow, great pics!!!

Impressive - that loco is pretty damn big! A nice big erector set!

#8812  by nick11a

Wow! That is great!!!! If I ended up there, my first thought would be I had died and gone to heaven! Thanks FL9AC! The cars are just so shiny! It's so beautiful. So beautiful....

#8919  by transit383

Wow, I guess we were mistaken when we guessed that all the NJT C5 cabs had been delivered. That pic of 6074 proves us wrong.

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing!