Railroad Forums 

• Pinelawn Trash Transfer

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1179890  by freightguy

P&W on their website said in a presidents letter they shipped around 5000 aggregate loads to the LI/NYC area in 2012. That is probably around 20% of annual NYA carloads and even more in revenue. Stone will bring in more than the average C&D car.
 #1180251  by AlKaLI

Well 5000 stone cars in a year averages out to almost 100 cars/week or 2 50-car trains every week. No wonder why the P&W trains to Fresh Pond are growing.

But I think we're getting a little off topic although now even Pinelawn will be seeing deliveries of stone.
 #1181726  by Clear Of BH

Passed by coastal tonight while on the way home from work. Saw the RS80 waiting to run around in the danch with the empty stone cars from Posillico. A fresh string of loaded stone hoppers are in place. It's good to see them up and running after the years spent constructing that new siding.
 #1181822  by Sir Ray

Clear Of BH wrote:It's good to see them up and running after the years spent constructing that new siding.
What, Posillico's siding?
That siding was constructed in a shorter time period than some other LI freight sidings (e.g. the Calverton branch rebuild).
 #1182608  by Clear Of BH

Sir Ray wrote:
Clear Of BH wrote:It's good to see them up and running after the years spent constructing that new siding.
What, Posillico's siding?
That siding was constructed in a shorter time period than some other LI freight sidings (e.g. the Calverton branch rebuild).
The new siding that leads off of the PW long siding where coastal is. They took the rails up about two years ago or began to. It's been slowly but surely coming together until earlier this year then they just pounded it out in no time.
 #1186871  by tj48

My travels had me pass by the area yesterday afternoon. Poscillico tracks were empty but Coastal was rocking. Counted 16 loaded cars awaiting pickup with a 17th being loaded. 3 empty cars left in the yard.
 #1187257  by AlKaLI

Passed by the area this morning around 9 AM. Coastal loads had not been replaced with empties yet.

Posillico must have seen service last night. 2 cuts of loaded Tilcon cars. One cut about 3-4 cars while the other was about 8-10 cars on the other track.
More stone business for the NY&A.
 #1187410  by mikey cruz

you can see the conveyer in the pic although it looks like a pretty big pit for that small belt. I'm wonderin what they are gonna use to jockey the cars around?
 #1190963  by AlKaLI

Passed by the area both Saturday morning and today. Posillico has about 12-15 Tilcon and GATX 3-bay hoppers of stone. The GATX cars looked like they were unloaded already.

Coastal was busy on Saturday with their usual 12+ cars already loaded. What's UNUSUAL is that when I passed at 9:30 AM today, they were loading cars. I could see two grapples loading C&D into their CDEX cars while a mix of CDEX and FWTX cars were already loaded and out on the siding. Usually Coastal does not load on Sundays. Business must be good.