Railroad Forums 

• Perryville and freight

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #436025  by kevikens

On last Friday I went down to the NEC at Perryville. Previoulsy in this forum I had asked about the possibility of seeing any freight at that location. Most of the time I have been there I have seen only Amtrak but last Friday I had to drop someone off at the airport, very early, and figured why not head for that spot. When I arrived at about 7AM there was a freight coming off the NEC from the north east. Seeing that it had a mixed manifest I am guessing it was coming from Wilmington. Just 15 minutes later a freight came from the Port Road onto the NEC and judging from it being a unit car rack I am guessing it was headed for Newark. A half hour later another mixed unit headed south on the Port Road and entered the interlocking going in a Western direction for Baltimore, just ahead of the MARC train which followed the freight a few minutes later. The moral of the story is that apparently you can get freight on that line in daylight if you go early enough.

#436171  by metman499

On the half-dozen Fridays I have spent down there the earliest I have seen something come off or onto the Port Road was at about 9:30 but that was with a dispatcher that wasn't the normal one for that time of day.

#438058  by lakeshoredave

Check out the Trains Magazine a few months ago about freight on the NEC. It gives some really good info on the NS ops down there.