Railroad Forums 

• Penn Station Central Control

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1605598  by OportRailfan

MACTRAXX wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:31 am OR and RW: I recall learning that Amtrak and the LIRR share PSCC in six-month increments...
Interesting that NJT is for the most part not involved with the PSCC operations...MACTRAXX
I've heard the same - 6 month tours in LIRR/Amtrak management overseeing the operation.
 #1605636  by west point

OportRailfan wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:53 pm I've heard the same - 6 month tours in LIRR/Amtrak management overseeing the operation.
Does anyone know exactly what the dates for each are? It might enable us to track NYP delays.
 #1605657  by ExCon90

west point wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:41 pm
OportRailfan wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:53 pm I've heard the same - 6 month tours in LIRR/Amtrak management overseeing the operation.
Does anyone know exactly what the dates for each are? It might enable us to track NYP delays.
Do the same people come back six months later? It might be interesting to see whether there's an upsurge in SNAFUs immediately following a changeover.

In ordinary business terms would that system not amount to a turnover rate of 200%?