Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#783698  by Bobby S

Havent seen anything posted except on the NJT forum. With Hoboken having that much water I can envision the water levels in the station to be near the ceiling. Anybody have pics or accounts of the flooding affecting Path?
 #785878  by TREnecNYP

Bobby S wrote:Havent seen anything posted except on the NJT forum. With Hoboken having that much water I can envision the water levels in the station to be near the ceiling. Anybody have pics or accounts of the flooding affecting Path?
While i was there after the episode i did see evidence of water over the ballast.

- A
 #790412  by TREnecNYP

Again confirming after a fairly intense eyeballing to and from that there was indeed water over the tracks, there was trash from the river all over the wayside, you can tell where the water was at different flood stages. The river reached all the way over to the NJT embankment it looks like, light residue of silt & muck on the ballast etc, though i'm sure this recent rain may have removed much of this evidence. The grasses & plants looked like they had current flowing over them.... I wonder how stable this bank area of the river is, i'd imagine it could be quite prone to collapse into the river if it ever was submerged for long enough.

- A