Railroad Forums 

• Parma Area

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#271501  by SeldenJrFireman

Hey guys,

I finally moved here to go to school and im in the Parma Area. Any good hot-spots around to catch some action?

thanks

#271508  by Hudson Terminus

Try poking around the Berea area (near the Airport and I-71). You can get there from I-480 by taking the Berea parkway (OH-237) south. You won't be dissapointed there.

www.frograil.com has much more on the site, and on other Cleveland area places to see trains.

#272148  by MACTRAXX

Take a ride on GCRTAs Red Line - any W side station from W117-Madison to Brookpark has good station vantage points to the former NYC Chicago line. Another spot is the Waterfront LRT Line-it passes the Amtrak station and goes right almost to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Take an excursion ride on all 3 of Cleveland's rail transit lines-the RED line has the most rail interaction. The Terminal Tower is a neat place-inquire when the observation deck is open - I spent time there in 1999-2000 and it was open on weekends only with a nominal entrance admission. Purchase a Daypass and ride around-I believe it is $5 and enjoy! I am always willing to help a fellow LIer railbuff! MACTRAXX