Railroad Forums 

• PAR shop switcher tries to runaway

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1556758  by backroadrails

Recently a photo of PAR 007 at Waterville after it ended up in the turntable pit was posted online. I have no idea if it is recent or not. I don't know who originally took the photo as it was posted by a satirical railroad news site.
 #1556796  by pumpers

I can't find a picture, but this thread from late 2010 viewtopic.php?t=77643 says Pan Am bought an SW1 from SLR and painted it to use as a Waterville switcher, numbering it 007. The thread went quiet in 2012. So if this is the same engine (it sounds like it) this turntable pic is less than 10 years old.
Jim S
Also, the it's listed in the Pan Am roster as of Dec 2016: https://www.thedieselshop.us/GRS.HTML 72 years old for 007 this year!!