Railroad Forums 

• Panoramio graffiti photos

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#675351  by RedLantern

I was looking at Nashua Yard on Google Earth today and I noticed something. Those Panoramio images were everywhere in the yard. I started clicking on them, and they all turned out to be photos of graffiti on the rolling stock. There's photos of this on most nearby bridges as well, but it seems to be mostly on railroad property.

I see all the graffiti going by every time I watch a train go by. I'm often impressed by the thought that went into a lot of it. I don't condone defacing railroad property by any means, but like it or not, graffiti is an everyday part of railroading in this era. It's amazing to see how much of it is out there, but to see photos taken from inside the yard will really give the perspective of the lengths some people go to get their artwork out there.
 #682401  by RedLantern

I just noticed that this trend has spread to most other urban areas around New England. At first I was somewhat annoyed to see this, but as annoying as it is to see cars tagged, it is interesting to see so many photos of cars from vantage points that no law-respecting railfan would dare go to. Look in any densely populated area in New England (northern Massachusetts, along the PAR mainline primarily) on Google Earth and you'll see hundreds of photos all along the tracks, most of these photos are of railroad cars covered in "urban art".