Railroad Forums 

• Panoramic photos of Boston inner suburbs?

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

#1329729  by jbvb

This is a modeling question: I'm looking for suitable photos to make a 'Boston Inner Suburb' backdrop. Digital photo editing didn't exist back when 3-deckers had clapboard or shingle siding, so I didn't take panoramic views of them. If the stock photo agencies have anything, their search schemes aren't set up to find it. The BPL hasn't put photos from that era on line, if they have any, and local libraries/historical societies aren't moving fast either. Streetcar books I've seen to date have interesting scenes, but they're taken so close to the buildings that perspective is a big issue.

Do any of you have 1950 - 1980 color 'overall view' shots of Boston neighborhoods, Somerville, Cambridge, Medford, Malden or Lynn? Taken from a rooftop or a low hill, or at least from an upstairs window or porch? I can do the cut/splice with GIMP and would share results.