Railroad Forums 

• Pan Am Worcester Main Line

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1621364  by MEC407

I wonder if any of the new SD23T4s* are being equipped with ACSES. I sure hope so, 'cause those beasts are wild and it would be fun to see them up here.

*SD40s rebuilt with GE 6-cylinder engines. They have huge flared radiators and they sound like an ALCO RS-1.
 #1621438  by rustyrails

I was up in Greendale this morning and was surprised to see the M426 parked with the tail end 2 cars north of the New Bond Xing with the engines parked at DD with the leader being the 473 followed by the 3125 & the 7643. There were a variety of cars including one filled with RR debris. I’m not sure where the car with the debris (uncovered) was headed.
 #1621463  by newpylong

MEC407 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:15 am I wonder if any of the new SD23T4s* are being equipped with ACSES. I sure hope so, 'cause those beasts are wild and it would be fun to see them up here.

*SD40s rebuilt with GE 6-cylinder engines. They have huge flared radiators and they sound like an ALCO RS-1.
Highly doubtful.
 #1621593  by ST377

Track was following behind M427 tonight unbagging the new mileposts, so I think it's safe to assume the unveiling of the 'Worcester Subdivision' is imminent. Remember, mileage is going to be reversed - Ayer being 0. That's going to take some getting used to.
 #1621597  by jamoldover

Is Ayer going to be 0 or is "South Ayer" (AKA "Harvard") going to be 0? There's about a 2-1/2 mile difference between them.
 #1621641  by ST377

Today was the inaugural day for the Worcester Subdivision, effective 0001. Talker at Temple Street now announces Mile 18.2 instead of 7.8. Strange to hear...
 #1622361  by johnhenry

M426 heading east thru West Boylston at 1445 today (later then usual) with 152 cars (full disclosure, I counted each carriage as one on the single spline car).
 #1622390  by newpylong

Did those 60 or so Herzog loads from earlier this week get set off in the Hill yard? That was a lot of stone. I was told for the Worcester sub.
 #1622439  by A215

Not sure if it's the one's your talking about because I think it was over a week ago but the last set of 60 Herzogs I saw posted about went to Waterville and got dropped somewhere up there. Not sure if it was east or west.
 #1622960  by jwhite07

I can’t drop everything and run out to see (in the middle of grilling dinner) but from the sound of it maybe there is a rail grinder working the Worcester Sub right now? Heard unusual horns and sounds around Shrewsbury Street in West Boylston about 20 minutes ago and was able to deduce they were headed west, now the same sounds are back and perhaps headed east again. LORAM was on the B&A earlier this week.
 #1622961  by johnpbarlow

Did the CWR train that arrived Selkirk a couple days back make it to Ayer yet?

Update: per the Fairport NY live cam train log, Ayer-bound CWR train W024-16 off G&W's Chicago, Ft Wayne, & Eastern at Lima OH passed the cam at 1138 Thursday 5/26/23 led by CSXT 491. Perhaps this rail train is still parked at Ayer?

Separately, M426-26 was reportedly heard at Clinton around midnight Saturday with W019's CWR cars up front - so maybe there are 2 inbound rail trains for Ayer?