Railroad Forums 

• Pan Am 600 series spotting features

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#926813  by CFD125

I would like to see a list of spotting features compiled for the new 600 series locomotives.

This would help railfans identify loco's, and help modelers choose the correct model to paint.

Please contribute any knowledge you may have of the beasts.

Example;

606: SD40-2, snoot nose, dynamic brakes, cab headlight. etc.

Mods, please move if an innapropriate request.

Thanks, Bob V.
 #927009  by MEC407

Why not? They're like snow flakes -- each one is a little bit different -- so it makes sense to compile a list of what the differences are.
 #927141  by mec 381

When I was over at the Waterville yard yesterday (4/28/11), I saw three SD40-2's there. 600 was one of them and sitting in front of the roundhouse. Didn't get numbers for the other two, but both were former SD45's. The SW1 was also by the roundhouse. Also a good note, 604 is the only SD40-2 on the roster with no dynamic brakes.
 #927706  by MEC407

For more info on what's currently in the deadline, see this thread.