Railroad Forums 

• P&W snow removal equipment

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

#1314433  by BerndinMA

With the big storm that we are having it got me wondering what types and where it is stored does the Providence and Worcester RR have. They must have some. I don't remember seeing it when I was last down near the worcester engine house, though I admit I was looking at locomotives at the time. Does anyone have any info to share?
 #1314523  by v8interceptor

From what I've observed in my neighborhood (the East Providence secondary) they mostly rely on the plows on the pilots of their locomotives. I know that after the Blizzard of 2013 they borrowed a Russell type wedge plow from the Green mountain railroad.
I know that P&W does not own any of that type of plow and I don't think they own any Jordan spreaders either...
I would not be surprised if they have plow attachments for some of their M.O.W equipment like ballast regulators...
 #1314843  by v8interceptor

Lmiller wrote:There is a GMRC Russell Plow behind the engine house !
Guess they leased it again..wonder if it's been run down the "main line" to Valley Falls yet?
 #1314884  by Lmiller

v8interceptor wrote:
Lmiller wrote:There is a GMRC Russell Plow behind the engine house !
Guess they leased it again..wonder if it's been run down the "main line" to Valley Falls yet?
I believe it has been there since last year,,, not sure what the lease/loan arrangement is on that unit !
 #1318475  by MEC407

Photo by Paolo Roffo:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=519679" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;