Railroad Forums 

• P&W Locomotive Fleet

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

#942577  by MEC407

That's a long way to go for a power assembly!
 #942623  by MEC407

If Conway Scenic can change out a power assembly, why can't P&W?
 #942728  by boatsmate

I think it comes down to Money, it is cheaper for them to send out and engine that has to have major work done to it and be able to do minor repair work in their shop then to do a major repair adn tie up the engine house. P&W's engine maintance personal are busy as it is with all the inspections that need to be done. they do it in the engine house as well as the smaller repairs. plus they need there crews elsewhere a lot of the time. just look at the repaint on the 4005... how long did that take? mostly becuase they needed the crews for other work

Capt Bill
 #942735  by DutchRailnut

161pw165 wrote:If memory serves, it was for a power assembly.
thought someone posted that it went for a crankshaft, which means taking entire engine apart.
 #944363  by daylight4449

161pw165 wrote:The last info I had (unconfirmed) was they were the 9014 and 9069. Judging by the source, I'd guess jwhite07's info is better. Reportedly, the units are at VMV Paducah for paint and cab signal installation.
So these SD60s are going to be in P&W colors, or is it paint touch up?