Railroad Forums 

• P&L Junction pictures

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1560122  by mfp

Can someone direct me to either pictures of, or plans for, the Lehigh Valley depot at P&L junction. I know thew building has been relocated and restored, and I've probably been in it a few times, but I have not been able to find good exterior pictures or plans. The material is needed for a modeling project. Thanks
 #1560139  by dj_paige

Picture as it appears at Genesee Country Village and Museum in the very recent past:

As it was, see the book "Upstate Odyssey: The Lehigh Valley Railroad in Western New York" by Mary Hamilton Dann, page 38.
 #1560528  by lvrr325

IIRC LV depots were grey with black windows in the later era. Seems like someone makes a kit for these depots in HO.
 #1560532  by TrainDetainer

I don't recall ever seeing black trim (doesn't mean it didn't happen). I do have pics though of two tone green in later years at Freeville and Ludlowville.
 #1560611  by lvrr325

Freeville was grey until torn down. That's the one with five sides. I asked about it ages ago when I built a little model of it and that's what they told me.

I think Batavia was green to the end, have seen pictures of others in green.
 #1560614  by nydepot

Freeville, Dryden, Batavia.

No green. Could be the faded paint and color of light the day you saw it. Batavia is 1976 below.

Stations were gray and with black trim.
LV @ Freeville.jpeg
LV @ Freeville.jpeg (1.63 MiB) Viewed 1116 times
LV @ Dryden 3.jpg
LV @ Dryden 3.jpg (561.14 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
LV @ Batavia (1976) - a.jpg
LV @ Batavia (1976) - a.jpg (210.39 KiB) Viewed 1116 times