Railroad Forums 

• Owego & Harford in SAYRE - Lehigh Railway

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#625240  by ANDY117

Have the units arrived in Sayre yet? I may have a reason to fly into Elmira on my return now...or maybe not.

I'll head over that way on Monday if I can swing it. You gonna be around, Tom?
 #627292  by scottychaos

tomjohn wrote:I have been busy and kind of out of the loop of things, I thought it's time to catch up. Is the LEHIGH RAILWAY up and running ?
Still no reports of the units in Sayre..
should be any day now!

Scot
 #627365  by thannon

Took a walk up by the station in Sayre at lunchtime. H11/12 working a relatively long train in the yard. Didn't have time to walk far enough up to check the yard for the 'new' units, but didn't see anything other than NS units.
 #627822  by scottychaos

conrailguy wrote:the u23b arrived at 5 pm tonight
Arrived where??
and only one?
nydepot wrote:Saw this from another forum:

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/nysw/nysw2302jsb.jpg

Charles
thanks Charles!
here is the second pic:

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/nysw/nysw2302jsc.jpg

Both pics by Joseph Sakovitch,
and were taken in Binghamton on Saturday Jan 17.

Scot
 #628048  by K4Pacific

Now I seriously wonder if Owego and Harford changed it's name to the Lehigh Railway too; as the person answering the phone answers Lehigh Railway. Can anyone confirm that both locations are now considered that?

The NS Elmira - Sayre turn leaves Elmira usually in the early afternoon for a half daylight turn. So it is a midday interchange. Enjoy it.

Where should I stick this? Someone can copy, cut and repost somewhere else. True story. Here's one from last night on the NS side if this could be the right place to stick it. A frozen solid Milliken coal train had to be brought back from Milliken up the 2% grade out of Ithaca which was doubled. With a recrew in Sayre this morning, the train was put back together in Sayre and promptly stalled on the .5% grade up to the mainline in Waverly - an operations nightmare and expense. The -10 to -20 degree weather is taking it's toll. How and where will the 90 cars be thawed? Just crazy.